How to Realize A Blue Sky Vision
In 2017, Rosetown based Blue Sky Hemp Ventures was founded with ambitions of becoming world leaders in ‘Whole Plant Utilization of Hemp’- harnessing the full value of the grain for superfoods, flower for CBD extraction and the stalks for a wide variety of sustainable industrial products. In 2018, Blue Sky engaged with Impact Energy Services to bring this vision to life with the planning, construction, project management and ongoing support for 3 distinct infrastructure projects.
- 2018/2019 - Dehulling Facility to enable Blue Sky to process hemp seed into a range of high-grade food products.
- 2019/2020 - Reduced Flower & Leaf (RFL) Facility enabling Blue Sky to cost-effectively process large quantities of raw hemp biomass and prepare it for CBD extraction.
- 2020 - CBD Extraction Facility - to extract high-quality CBD oil from Broad-Acre farmed industrial hemp.
Blue Sky Hemp Ventures had a clear vision for their business. They had equipment selected, experts in place, strong support from the industry and detailed roll-out and expansion plans.
However, they needed a partner to help them put the pieces together - a partner with strong construction and process knowledge to assist in taking the project from a concept to the completion. And that’s where Impact Energy Services came in.
Impact Energy has been instrumental in the design, build, and implementation of our state-of-the-art hemp food processing and CBD extraction facilities. At every stage in the process, they’ve been pro-active, professional and always a pleasure to work with.
Spencer Parenteau, Blue Sky Hemp Ventures.
From the beginning, Impact Energy has worked as a vital partner throughout the build-out of Blue Sky’s infrastructure projects - acting as a liaison between all the different aspects of the project with the owners. Helping the owners, and management fully understand the complete scope of the project.
- CONSTRUCTION SERVICES including electrical, instrumentation, plumbing and heating as well as building controls work
- DESIGN OVERSIGHT during all aspects of the project, ensuring all local codes are met, design meets both process and regulatory needs
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT including vendor selection, engineering, operating major equipment, and managing construction sub-contractors including complete project financial oversight, project scheduling, quality assurance, monitoring of progress, quality and safety, coordinating all trades.
- COMPLIANCE & QUALITY ASSURANCE including the coordination and execution of Building and Process Commissioning and assistance with the documentation required for the Health Canada approval
Today, Blue Sky’s first three facilities are fully operational.
RFL™Hemp biomass collection and processing take place just outside of Rosetown, Saskatchewan. This facility consists of 10 acres and 9800 square feet of processing room, taking raw hemp biomass and preparing it for CBD extraction as well as the processing of waste products. This proprietary processing system is able to reduce the volume of material by 50-90% lowering transportation costs while increasing the CBD potency by up to 4x.
Blue Sky’s 15,000 square foot state-of-the-art hemp foods central processing facility is located in Saskatoon and is capable of processing 5,500 tonnes/year of hemp seed into a number of superfood products. This facility has been designed with the goal of achieving the highest food processing certifications and adheres to a comprehensive QA program from seed-to-sale.
Finally - Blue Sky boasts a ‘first of its kind’ CBD extraction facility designed exclusively for use with industrial hemp. Blue Sky is weeks or days away from achieving its Licenced Producer status enabling it to sell CBD products across Canada.
Next up, hemp fibre decortication. Watch this space.
Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd. has been working with Impact Energy Services consistently over the past 3 years and have been very pleased with our experiences. Specifically, we have used Impact for project management as well as electrical and instrumentation work. All of our projects have been executed on time and under budget - something we would not have been able to do without their backing. Moreover, each of the projects we’ve built are very unique (hemp hulling, biomass high grading and CBD extraction) with no industry ‘playbook’ to rely on so their assistance in problem-solving has been invaluable. Overall, we highly recommend Impact Energy for your project management and/or electrical and instrumentation needs.
Andrew Potter - President & CEO
Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd.